TOP 10 DOG OWNERSHIP PER CAPITA IN EUROPE
In the Newsletter 397 we already presented data about Top 10 Cat ownership in Europe. In today's Newsletter you will find info about dogs.
According to PetfoodIndustry.com Germany is number one in dog ownership per capita in Europe. Russia is number one in total count.
The European Pet Food Federation (FEDIAF) estimated the number of dogs in Europe in 2017. While this allows a ranking of dog population in these countries by total number, the ranking by per capita dog population differs from the total numbers of dogs in each European nation.
The top countries for dog ownership per capita:
- Germany - 0.112 dogs per person
- France - 0.113 dogs per person
- Russia - 0.114 dogs per person
- Italy - 0.117 dogs per person
- United Kingdom - 0.130 dogs per person
- Spain - 0.135 dogs per person
- Poland - 0.189 dogs per person
- Portugal - 0.199 dogs per person
- Czech Republic - 0.201 dogs per person
- Romania - 0.211 dogs per person
Total dog population by European country:
- Russia – 16,400,000 dogs
- Germany – 9,200,000 dogs
- United Kingdom – 8,650,000 dogs
- Poland – 7,550,000 dogs
- France – 7,400,000 dogs
- Italy – 6,970,000 dogs
- Spain – 6,270,000 dogs
- Romania – 4,130,000 dogs
- Czech Republic – 2,150,000 dogs
- Portugal – 2,050,000 dogs
This is the summary from the article on PetfoodIndustry.com.